How can I be notified if the defendant is released from jail?

Register through the Washington Statewide Victim Information and Notification Service. You can register online or by phone. You can register online, and select Washington State. Follow the directions. To register by phone, call 877-846-3492.

You will not be notified unless you register through one of these methods. There is no automatic notification unless you register. If the defendant is released and is rearrested, you will need to register again. Registration is based on the booking number assigned when arrested.

Show All Answers

1. Will I have to testify?
2. Can I drop the charges?
3. I have bills as a result of this crime. How can I get them paid?
4. I have been threatened or contacted by the defendant. What can I do?
5. An attorney or investigator has been contacting me about the case. Do I have to talk to them?
6. I gave a statement to law enforcement. Why do I have to be interviewed?
7. Can someone attend the interview with me?
8. Will the defendant go to prison or jail?
9. Can I contact the defendant?
10. How can I be notified if the defendant is released from jail?
11. How could the defendant plead "not guilty?" I saw him do it/He confessed.
12. Can I obtain restitution for things such as pain, suffering, and mental anguish?
13. What is a protection order? How can I get one?
14. How do I know when and where to go to court?