How do I restore Firearm Rights?

Petitioning the court for restoration of the right to possess a firearm is complicated. You should hire an attorney. An attorney can guide you through the process and help you do it correctly. If you choose to do this on your own, then you are responsible for knowing and following the law and complying with all the rules and procedures. Reinstatement of Firearms Rights is not possible in all cases. To see if you qualify, review the Revised Code of Washington (RCW 9.41.040 Unlawful possession of firearms Ownership, possession by certain persons, Restoration of right to possess, Penalties) or contact an attorney.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain court records and copies of legal documents?
2. When and where is my court appointment?
3. Where do I file a civil case, such as divorce or small claims?
4. I've been summoned for jury duty. What is my term of service? Where do I report? Can I be excused?
5. How do I get an attorney? Can I qualify for a public defender or other legal assistance?
6. How do I get married at the courthouse?
7. How do I restore Firearm Rights?
8. What is the phone number for Franklin County District Court?
9. What is the phone number for the Pasco Municipal Court?
10. How do I contact other Franklin County government agencies?
11. What are the Myths and Misperceptions About the Washington Courts?