Request for Qualifications/Proposals
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR
CRP 634 – NORTH RAILROAD AVENUE
CRP 635 – VINEYARD DRIVE WEST & NORTH RAILROAD INTERSECTION
Franklin County solicits interest from consultants who wish to submit Statement of Qualification (SOQ) for engineering services for the purpose of preparing a bid ready solution for two (2) roadway and civil design projects.
The anticipated duration of the agreement is approximately two (2) years, the consultant may be considered for subsequent phases. The option to complete subsequent phases depends upon the consultant’s satisfactory performance on prior work and upon negotiation of an agreement for the subsequent phase(s). The subsequent phase(s) may be evaluated for a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal.
Franklin County reserves the right to amend terms of this “Request for Qualifications” (RFQ) to circulate various addenda, or to withdraw the RFQ at any time, regardless of how much time and effort consultants have spent on their responses.
The work to be performed by the selected consultant consists of preparing preliminary engineering design for the NORTH RAILROAD AVENUE and VINEYARD DRIVE WEST & NORTH RAILROAD INTERSECTION projects. The major features of the projects are as follows:
- Topographic and boundary surveying
- Roadway design
- Geotechnical investigation and report
- Preparation of WSDOT’s NEPA Categorical Exclusion form, SEPA, and all required disciplinary reports and investigations.
- Coordinate with landowners, tribes, utilities, railroad, USBR, WSDOT, and FHWA and any other interested parties.
- Identify and prepare all Local Agency, State, USBR, and Federal permits that will be required.
- Identify and prepare all right-of-way needs, including temporary construction easements.
- Provided complete design services including computations, contract plans, specifications, and cost estimate (PS&E) package.
- Bid and construction management.
- Review and support for shop drawings and construction material submittal.
Franklin County reserves the right to retain the services of the successful firm for any subsequent phase(s) (R/W, CN) associated with this project.
Submittals will be evaluated and ranked based on the following criteria:
- Key Personnel Experience
- Familiarity with similar types of projects
- Organization and Expertise of the Firm
- Project Understanding and Approach to project
- Past Performance/References
- Ability to meet schedule
The deadline for this RFQ is 3:30 PM (PST) on Thursday, September 14th, 2023.
Questions and inquiries regarding this RFQ shall be submitted in writing to Kathleen Neuman, Franklin County, via email at Kneuman@franklincountywa.gov.
This RFQ packet can be viewed on the Franklin County Public Works web site at Request for Qualifications/Proposals | Franklin County, WA (franklincountywa.gov)
or by contacting our office at 509-545-3514 ext 2804.
All prospective consultants must be advised that federally funded projects will be held to Federal EEO requirements.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Information
Franklin County in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act (Section 504) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), commits to nondiscrimination on the basis of disability, in all of its programs and activities. This material can be made available in an alternate format by emailing Craig Erdman at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling collect 509-545-3514.
Title VI Statement
The County of Franklin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, (78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4 ) and the Regulations, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full and fair opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.